Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Introducing...

SPINDERELLA!!! She is my beautiful new Louet Victoria spinning wheel. I was introduced to her this past Sunday, April 26th 2009. I went to the DFW Fiber Fest to try out some different types of wheels. She totally won my heart! She is a little thing (weighing around 7 lbs.) and she has her own suitcase. As soon as I got home I grabbed some roving and got to work. These are some pictures of me *spinning Spinderella*...

The pictures here show my very first yarn. It is a little wacky but I think pretty good for my first day EVER!
Boy can she spin...

These guys (need a pedicure) know how to work it! I always wiggle my feet anyway... my boyfriend calls it *making biscuits*. You know, like a kitty? Turns out this was perfect practice for treadling(I didn't even know that was a word until last Sunday). Well, at least I don't seem to get tired.

Other exciting news is that I learned to knit last night!!! I was super excited when I finished up my little rectangle! I will treasure it always. I hope to have a short video this weekend. I have a list of topics all ready. I will leave you with a picture of my first knitting progect in progress.

Have a lovely day!
LC

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you just had a packed day. Congrats on the new wheel and the new skills your learning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you! The wheel looks SO pretty- your yarn and knitting are wonderful too- keep having fun! San&the sheep

    ReplyDelete